From Baseball America:
1. 5th round RHP Nick McBride signs for 325K
2. Best AA Tools
Best baserunner - Craig Gentry
Best coaching prospect - Mike Miccuci
3. 2 more HS pitchers sign: 14th rd LH Chad Bell and 24th rd RH Shawn Blackwell.
Blackwell is a good get but it also likely means that a couple of HS pitchers in the 16-23 range opted not to sign.
Here are the remaining picks that are highly regarded HS Players that will require a bonus in the range of 200-350K (see 2009 draft worksheet for profiles):
10. Thomas Lemke, RHP
16. Michael Revell (LH-3B)
17. Paul Strong(LHP)
18. Michael Schaaf, RHP
20. Jerome Warmiuk, RHP
28. Derek Law, RHP
29. Charles Watson (LHP)
39. Jabari Henry (power hitting left fielder)
41. Forrest Garrett LHP
48. Cole Frenzel (position in question: 3b/rf/c/1b)LH
49. Catlan Kendrick (great splitter)RHP
Here are three desirable players that should sign if they knew what was good for them as they are all projects but who will probably go (back) to school because they think too highly of themselves and end up getting less money next year (if eligible):
9. Jabari Blash-RF - extremely raw despite his age (20)with poor pitch recognition and enough problems with his mechanics to need an off-season and a year to correct.
32. Reggie Williams-CF(SH) - Extremely raw, inexperienced really old (20yo)HS SR. Should ge his career under way quickly with some professional instruction and lots of ABs.
37. Charles Nading RHP 22yo draft eligible sophomore, after a couple of transfers. In a word old and needs innings/experience/instruction.
The one easy sign that remains will likely be 27th round RHP Aaron Barrett who had a bad JR (transfer) year and should probably sign so someone can straighten out his mechanics rather than allow his current coaches to try to figure him out. He profiles as a bullpen arm but will likely remain a starter until he shows he can't. Throws low 90s with an above average slider and a decent changeup but poor command. He was in Arlington for a workout a few weeks ago so the fact that you haven't heard about it yet probably means we weren't interested (at his price).